“Powerful”… “Insightful”… “Exactly what we needed!”
The reviews are in, and Michelle Icard is just as sharp, real, and entertaining in person as she is on paper. Author of the critically-acclaimed title, Middle School Makeover, her presentations are lively, engaging and actionable for parents, teachers, teens and tweens. Michelle takes a sensitive, researched-based approach to the very personal subject of growing up today. Her practical experience as a mother, mentor, educator, student, and storyteller shine though her approachable and relatable speaking style.
Not Entertainment, but an Investment
As an author, educator and social leadership strategist, Michelle helps adults reframe the way they think about today’s middle school experience. Her in-person presentations are full of practical, real world tips to not just survive but thrive in the “middle” years. Parents, schools, teachers – and students – call her presentations creative, cutting-edge, and relevant. Here’s what they’re getting:
- Revealed! The three biggest changes that occur in a middle schooler’s life.
- Practical, easy ways grown-ups can help kids navigate TODAY’S adolescence.
- How students (and parents!) can manage social media, friendship issues, developing identities, taking risks, conflict resolution, and solving social problems.
- A way to establish that their community, school, or group supports a healthy transition to and through adolescence.
- The opportunity to be a community host for these topics.
More than just the Main Event
In addition to a keynote presentation, seminar or workshop, Michelle can provide breakouts sessions for specific audiences (teachers, dads, students, etc.) or topics (social media, problem solving, cultural impacts on kids, etc.) to produce a one-of-a-kind event. Together, you and Michelle can create an agenda that meets your community’s specific needs and interests, and answers all the big questions.